Information We Collect - We collect personal information about you and all policyholders from the following sources:
- Information you gave us or your agent when submitting an application for one or more policies of insurance;
- Depending on the product requested and in order to verify your information and properly evaluate and underwrite your request, we may obtain information from consumer reporting agencies, medical providers, and/or others.
How We Use Your Information - We use your information for the following reasons:
- To protect you. The information we maintain about you and your policies of insurance help identify you and help protect against unauthorized access to your information.
- To provide service. Your information helps us respond to your inquiries more efficiently.
- To improve and develop our products and services. Every policy we offer is designed to protect you and/or your property. The information we gather is analyzed and processed in order to provide you with a superior product at a reasonable price.
Information We Disclose - When we disclose your information to others, we do so only for specific purposes as permitted by law. Accordingly, when we disclose information, we require companies to which we disclose your information to maintain and protect its confidentiality. We may disclose information to the following types of outside companies or entities:
- Independent contractors, such as technical system consultants, who program our software or maintain our systems to help us administer our products for you.
- Governmental or quasi-governmental entities, such as state insurance departments, guaranty funds or rate advisory organizations.
- Companies whom we have retained to provide services on our behalf or companies we have retained to administer your policy or account. For instance we may provide a body shop or contractor your name and address to hasten the repair process.
Some insurance agencies release personal information to non-affiliated third parties that provide marketing support for products and services other than those offered by that agency. We do not. If we change our policy, we will give you a supplemental notice with instructions on how you may opt out of this information sharing.
This Privacy Statement describes our privacy practices for both current and former policyholders. We will provide one copy of this notice to joint policy or contract holders; please share this information with everyone covered by your policy.